Diamond Pendant: A Must-Have Wardrobe Essential
The symbolic presence of purity and eternity, the diamond crosses different ages preserving its priceless beauty. Offering your loved ones a diamond pendant is a strong gesture, synonymous with constancy, attachment, and immortality.
When you think of investing in diamond jewelry, you would want a statement piece that will last for years, never go outdated, and always be in trend. Pendants are ideal for all the above reasons, as they can be passed down from generation to generation as heirlooms.
Pendants always secure the top position when it comes to gifting choices. Gift a pendant to your loved ones, and your relationship will shine forever and ever, just like the diamonds that will sparkle till eternity without losing shine and glamour.
Diamond Pendant: What Is It?
A frequently asked question about pendants is whether they are similar to solitaire diamond pendants. Simply put, you can say that all diamond pendants are solitaire pendants, but all solitaire pendants are not diamond pendants. A pendant carved out from a diamond is solitaire with a diamond as its featured gemstone.
Let’s learn more about their settings, designs, and popular tips to buy diamond pendants to help you own the best one.
Diamond Pendant: Settings And Styles
Pendants are considered the epitome of eternal beauty, always chic, with an elegant and timeless design. Apart from the pendant’s design, other factors must be considered when purchasing one. Two things that have an impeccable impact on your designs are your choice of setting style and the right choice of metal.
Pendants’ most common types of settings are prong settings, bezel settings, and halo settings.
- A prong setting – One of the classic options when you are thinking of purchasing a pendant is the prong setting. They delicately hold your diamond in place, allowing it to catch maximum light from all angles. Prong setting increases your diamond’s light-capturing ability.
- Bezel setting – Inheriting a lovely modern look to your diamond pendant, a bezel setting offers your high diamond security and excellent protection from bumps or drops, completely enclosing all sizes of your diamond.
- Halo setting – Halo setting grips your diamond in the center of a metal that is set with shimmering accent diamonds. They add brilliance to your pendant and also add an illusion of the center stone appearing more significant than the actual size. Halo settings are the perfect option if you want to buy diamond pendants with a bit more shimmer and glamour.
Certain metal options you get to choose from are yellow gold, rose gold, white gold, and platinum. Let us help you get a brief idea about all of them below:
- Yellow gold is considered the most classic choice and has ageless beauty. If you are one with a classic sense of style, you can definitely prefer this metal.
- Rose gold is more romantic, vintage-inspired, a bit trendy right now, and pretty versatile.
- White gold and platinum convey a similar look and feel, meaning both of them look sleek, and sophisticated yet modern.
Factors To Consider Before Purchasing A Diamond Pendant
When choosing a pendant, there are certain thing you need to focus on that are essential and plays a significant role in helping you choose the best one for you.
1. Set your budget beforehand
The essential thing when buying a diamond solitaire necklace or diamond pendant, all you need to remember is to set your budget, your intended expectations, your financial situation, cost of the diamond. Another important thing is to have a brief knowledge of the 4C’s of diamond, i.e. cut, color, clarity, and carat weight.
2. Choose the right setting for your pendant
Carefully consider the setting concerning your style of pendant. Some factors to remember while choosing the setting include diamond visibility, setting durability, and safety.
3. Deciding on the right diamond for a pendant
Basically, the quality and shape of the diamond in your pendant totally depend on your personal preferences and budget. But we still have some recommendations you might want to consider. If you are choosing a diamond of lower clarity or color, in that case, you should choose an ideal cut that will compensate for other flaws and characteristics.
4. Select the shape of your diamond wisely for a pendant
The shape you choose and finalize will affect your pendant’s setting style; therefore, it would be best to consider various alternatives and select the one you prefer. The most popular diamond shapes for a pendant are round and princess cut. However, you can also prefer other styles, whichever suits you.
5. Give yourself enough time to research before making a purchase
There are numerous options and collections to choose from; it would really help if you research and determine what’s suitable for you by learning certain factors and things before making a purchase. Spare time to learn about your purchase to own the best one for yourself or your loved ones.
Ayaani Diamonds is glad to feature our wide range of collections, from diamond pendants to everything that will sparkle your persona and accentuate your outfit. We offer the best go-to accessory for any occasion, be it a gold pendant for women or an engagement ring for a would-be bride. Grab the one to treat yourself or your loved ones today!